Activision Ambassador Code of Conduct
Activision Ambassadors are a vibrant community of gamers passionate about Activision games. Just like every community—online or in real life—there are some rules to make it a safe, fun, and engaging place to be. Creating a respectful and engaging community is every Activision Ambassador’s responsiblity. Whether helping other gamers via chat, participating on the Activision Forums, the Ambassador social media channels, or elsewhere online, Activision Ambassadors are expected to act in a respectable manner. In addition to this Code of Conduct, please review the Social Media Policy to find out more.
To protect the integrity of the Activision Ambassador Program (“Program”) and the community, Activision reserves the right to suspend or remove any Ambassador from the Program if Activision determines, in its sole discretion, the Ambassador engaged in any conduct that is inappropriate, harmful, or otherwise in violation of Activision’s Code of Conduct, Social Media Policy, or any other applicable policy or agreement. You are free to appeal your suspension, but we are not required to provide a reason for our decision.
Generally, for instances of inappropriate conduct or language, you may be suspended from the Program and your access to the various Ambassador sites and services will be restricted. Activision, in its sole discretion, will determine the length of any suspension or restriction on access to the Program. Further, you may be subject to removal from the Program for more severe violations of Activision’s Code of Conduct, Social Media Policy, or any other applicable policy or agreement.
We may consider appeals of an Ambassador’s removal from the Program based on our review of your conduct, Ambassador standing, and any other information that we have. Our Customer Support team and Community Coordinators review all requests for reinstatement, and we process these along with all other support requests. Please submit any such requests to email@example.com..
This Code of Conduct is considered a living document that we regularly update based on the evolution of the Activision Ambassador Program, so please review it regularly to keep up with any changes. To the extent there is a conflict between this Code of Conduct and the Ambassador Terms and Conditions, the Ambassador Terms and Conditions will govern.
As an Activision Ambassador, you will not engage in the following behavior:
- You will not disparage Activision, the Program, any Activision product, any Activision employees, or other ambassadors.
Breaking the Law:
- Violating any applicable local, national, or international laws or regulations either during your participation in the Program or relating to your redemption or use of any Cool Stuff received through the Program, including but not limited to any applicable anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws.
- Engaging in any content or activity featuring, encouraging, offering, or soliciting illegal activity.
Suspension or Removal Evasion:
- Attempting to circumvent a Program suspension or removal by using other accounts, identities, personalities, or presence on another user's account. All suspensions are binding until expiration or removal at Activision’s sole discretion.
- Suspension evasion will not only increase the length of suspension, but may lead to removal from the Ambassador Program.
- Boosting or cheating the Ambassador chat system for reward points.
- Misrepresenting yourself as an Activision employee at any time for any reason.
- Impersonating anyone to enter the Program or in any communications with other Ambassadors or players, Community Coordinators, or Activision employees.
- Making any unauthorized statements or purporting to make statements on behalf of Activision.
Unauthorized Sharing of Private Information:
- Invading the privacy of others.
- Requesting any personal information from players including name, email address, phone number, physical address, billing information, financial information, passwords, codes for digital content, or any other information that could identify an individual.
- Sharing content that may reveal personal information about individuals.
- Taking or sharing screenshots taken of chats with other players, fellow Ambassadors, Community Coordinators, or Activision employees.
Hateful Conduct and Harassment:
- Use of foul or inappropriate language.
- Using direct or indirect language (including, using racial, ethnic, religious or other slurs), or engaging in any conduct, that promotes, encourages or facilitates discrimination, denigration, objectification, harassment, or violence based on any of the following:
- Gender, race, color, nationality, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, religion, creed, belief, political or trade union affiliation, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity, gender expression, gender re-assignment, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
- Any hateful conduct or language is considered a zero-tolerance violation and all Ambassadors engaging in, supporting, or encouraging such conduct will be removed from the Program without notice.
- Harassment of any kind. Harassment is any act, conduct, or content that attempts to intimidate, degrade, abuse, or bully others, or creates a hostile environment for others. Depending on the severity of the offense, you may be removed from the Program on the first violation without notice.
- Linking to websites containing images or language that promote hateful conduct, harassment or discrimination.
- Sexual harassment can occur in many different forms and can be directed at any person, regardless of their gender, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. Sexual harassment can include, but is not limited to:
- Using direct or indirect language, or any other form of communication or conduct, that is sexual in nature.
- Using direct or indirect language, or any other form of communication or conduct, that insults, demeans, or promotes violence towards someone because of their gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or for any other reason. Conduct or content that threatens or promotes sexual violence or exploitation is strictly prohibited and may be reported to law enforcement.
- Linking to websites or images that are sexual in nature or offensive to a reasonable person.
- Making jokes or comments of a sexual nature toward any person or group.
Violence, Threats of Violence and Self-Destructive Behavior:
- Acts of violence or attempting or threatening violence. Any such behavior will be taken seriously and are considered zero-tolerance violations and all Ambassadors associated with such activities will be removed from the Program. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Refering to violence in any capacity, whether directly or indirectly, toward another community member, moderator, or Community Coordinator.
- Threatening or attempting violence toward anyone for any reason at any time, including, but not limited to, using weapons to threaten, intimidate or harm others.
- Threatening or attempting to hack, DDOS (distributed denial of service), swatting, or otherwise disrupt or harm Activision’s systems or services, other Ambassadors, or users.
- Threatening or attempting self-harm.
Bullying, Spamming, Trolling, or Harassment of any kind:
- Any conduct or content that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of Activision or Ambassador services or another Ambassador, Community Coordinator or player’s experience or devices.
- Insulting or defaming another member of the community, Activision or its employees, other Ambassadors, or other groups of people.
- Any ongoing or repetitive harassment of any member of the community, Activision employees, or other groups of people.
- Excessive non-constructive, repetitive, nonsensical, or off topic posts that ruin a thread.
- Spreading malware or viruses.
- Picking fights.
- Making jokes at another person’s expense.
- Any behavior that degrades, demeans, annoys, or otherwise negatively disturbs the community.
- Advertising any product or service, which is unrelated to Activision products.
Unauthorized Content Sharing & Other Intellectual Property Violations
- Posting or uploading any content that you do not own, do not have the rights to, or are otherwise not authorized to use.
- Retaliation for reporting or threatening to report an Ambassador’s inappropriate behavior is not permitted.
Because this is not an exhaustive list and may not address all manner of inappropriate or offensive behavior, our Activision Community Coordinators and Moderators reserve the right at their full discretion to address behavior deemed inappropriate or offensive up to and including removal from the Program. Subject to applicable law, Activision is not obligated to provide an Ambassador with a reason for any suspension or removal decision.
All reports of inappropriate behavior by other Ambassadors or members of any Activision-related forum should be reported immediately to Activision Community Coordinators via firstname.lastname@example.org and not within threads or via direct message.
Nothing in this Ambassador Code of Conduct should be interpreted as, or purport to, creating
an employment relationship between the Ambassador and Activision.